Things to Do in Richmond, BC
Home of the 2010 Winter Olympics, Richmond is the fourth-most populous city in British Columbia and part of Metro Vancouver. One of the world's most beautiful destinations, Vancouver has also been voted the most livable city in the world for its easily accessible pleasures. A temperate climate invites year-round outdoor fun. During the summer months, take the opportunity to visit the Summer Night Market and the Steveston Artisans Market. Take advantage of our list of the best things to do in Richmond, BC, and explore the city during your stay.
- Britannia Heritage Shipyards - Britannia Shipyard is a rare surviving example of a once thriving mixture of canneries, boatyards, and residences. It is an eight-acre National Historic Site with some of the oldest remaining heritage buildings found along the Fraser River.
- Buddhist Temple - The Kuan Yin Temple of the International Buddhist Society is the most magnificent and authentic temple of traditional Chinese architecture in North America.
- Flyzone Body Flight – What a perfect seasonal activity for those who seek adventure. Indoor Skydiving Bodyflight center features a state-of-the-art Vertical Wind Tunnel complex where human flight becomes reality in a visually stunning, safe and controlled freefall environment.
- Gulf of Georgia Cannery - Situated atop wooden pilings over the Fraser River, the Gulf of Georgia Cannery is one of the few remaining 19th-century salmon canneries on the BC coast. It commemorates the development of Canada's West Coast fishing industry from the 1870's to present.
- Richmond Nature Park - The Park provides recreation and education for all ages. Winding trails with a total length of approximately 5 km provide visitors with the opportunity to encounter plants and animals in bog, forest and pond habitats.
- Richmond Olympic Oval - Richmond Olympic Oval is the premier venue of the 2010 Olympic Winter Games and an international centre of excellence for sport, health, and wellness in Canada. Drop by to explore the Oval on a self-guided tour or book a private 60-minute tour and discover the stories behind the building.
- Riverrock Casino Resort - Feeling lucky? Experience the excitement of Western Canada’s largest casino. With 1,000 slot machines, 80 gaming tables, food & bar service plus live entertainment, everything’s bigger here, including the fun!
- Steveston Eco Tours - Custom marine tours exploring British Columbia Gulf Islands National and Provincial Parks, Natural Areas and Historic Sites, and the Fraser River Estuary. Home port in the Historic Fishing Village of Steveston.
- Steveston Seabreeze Adventures - Come aboard and have an exciting west coast adventure! Our love is to observe marine animals in their natural environment and to share that experience with our tour passengers. Whale-watching, fishing charters, bicycles rentals and much more!
- WaterMania - Richmond’s Aquatainment Centre offers an exciting wave pool, waterslides, 50-metre pool, sauna, steam room and whirlpools. Also includes fitness centre, meeting rooms, concession, swim shop and sports therapy clinic.